The War Within
Christians and Inner Conflicts
Those who long to walk close to God are often keenly aware of their shortcomings. This was as true for the apostles as it is for today's Christian leaders and Christian students. In this book, the author sets out to answer the following questions:
- What lies behind these inner conflicts?
- What are the implications of such conflicts for Christians?
- How does one successfully handle these conflicts?
- How useful is a rational mind to the Holy Spirit?
This book offers deep spiritual insights interlaced with down-to-earth illustrations that make it easily accessible and relevant.
This title is available in North America through Zondervan: http://www.zondervan.com
In Kenya through WordAlive: http://www.wordalivepublishers.com
In Nigeria through ACTS Nigeria: http://www.acts-ng.com
Kindle version available from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002W0UC40
How can I really be the kind of Christian I am longing to be? ... Read this book.
The Rt Rev Cyril Okorocha
Bishop of Owerri, Nigeria
Deep spiritual insights laced with down-to-earth illustrations make the book readily accessible and relevant. I recommend it to all.
Prof. Sam Olofin
Former Board Member,
International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES)
I appreciate your honesty in acknowledging the vulnerability and frailty of us Christians; your insistence that our fallen self-centred nature is not abolished when we are converted; your appeal to your readers to use their minds; and your confidence that the Holy Spirit is able to cause his fruit to ripen in our lives.
Dr John Stott
Rector Emeritus, All Souls Church
Table of Contents
- 1. The Struggle Within
- 2. The Basic Dynamics of Inner Conflicts
- 3. The Holiness Question
- 4. The Wilderness of Conflicts
- 5. The Security of our Salvation
- 6. The Troubles of Sinning
- 7. The Common Struggles Christians Face Today
- 8. Brief Notes on Entangling Sins
- 9. The Holy Spirit and Your Mind
- 10. Three Steps Towards Christian Maturity