From Why to Worship
An Introduction to the Book of Habakkuk
In a world which often seems out of control, Christians today need to make a vital spiritual journey through the book of Habakkuk. This journey begins with life’s toughest questions. It involves times of patient waiting. But it leads to a revelation of God’s greatness and the discovery that he truly is in control of the world, the events of history, and of our own lives. We discover that God can be trusted, even in the darkest times.
From Why to Worship is structured with sections and subsections that provide a clear set of preaching units that will serve preachers in building a sermon series but this is also an ideal book for individual or group use with questions, discussion points, ideas for action and further study suggestions.
Simply excellent. I cannot recommend this too highly.
International Director, Ravi Zacharias International Ministries
It was truly memorable to sit with more than three thousand people at the Keswick Convention listening to Jonathan preach through the book of Habakkuk. I am delighted that this material is now being made available for a wider audience.
International Director Emeritus, Operation Mobilisation
From Why to Worship by Jonathan Lamb bring alive God’s word in a clear, faithful and relevant manner. It challenges us to live consistent, authentic Christian lives in a morally bewildered and spiritually confused world, with God’s purpose and for His glory. I highly recommend it to you.
General Director, OMF International
These sermons once blessed a live audience and have since continued to bless many more people through the printed page, along with the additional questions and application. May your soul be enriched as you find the big questions of life answered from Scripture in studying these passages yourself!
Pastor, Kabwata Baptist Church
Chancellor, African Christian University, Lusaka, Zambia
Jonathan Lamb gave a series of talks from the book of Habakkuk in Cochabamba, Bolivia, and I was profoundly impacted by the clarity, depth and relevance of what he expounded from this short minor prophet. I rejoice that this material is now published and available to a wider audience.
Director – Latin America, Langham Preaching
Table of Contents
- Using This Book
- Section 1: Why? (Habakkuk 1:1–2:1)
- 1 Habakkuk’s Problem (Habakkuk 1:1–11)
- 2 Habakkuk’s Perplexity (Habakkuk 1:12–17)
- Section 2: Wait! (Habakkuk 2:1–5)
- 3 Careful Listening (Habakkuk 2:1–3)
- 4 Patient Waiting (Habakkuk 2:3–5)
- Section 3: Woe! (Habakkuk 2:6–20)
- 5 The Certainty of God’s Judgment (Habakkuk 2:6–20)
- 6 The Certainty of God’s Rule (Habakkuk 2:14, 20)
- Section 4: Watch! (Habakkuk 3:1–15)
- 7 Habakkuk’s Appeal (Habakkuk 3:1, 2)
- 8 Habakkuk’s Vision (Habakkuk 3:3–15)
- Section 5: Worship! (Habakkuk 3:16–19)
- 9 Respect for the Lord (Habakkuk 3:16)
- 10 Rejoice in the Lord (Habakkuk 3:17–19)